The National Campaign had force a decision through the Israeli prosecution to release the bodies of seven Palestinian victims.
The Israeli occupation forces are to decide the time and place
The Israeli prosecution has agreed to release seven detained bodies of Palestinian victims following a petition to the Israeli Supreme Court made by advocate Mohammad Abu Sneineh from Jerusalem Legal Aid and Human Rights Center (JLAC).
Following are names of the Palestinians whose bodies will be released:
- Wa’el Abu Saleh, from Tulkarem, killed by Israeli forces on 1/7/2016
- Rami Awartani, from Nablus, killed by Israeli forces on 31/7/2016
- Mustafa Barad’eyeh, from Arroub Camp in Hebron, killed by Israeli forces on 19/7/2016
- Sari Abu Garab, from Qabatya in Jenin, killed by Israeli forces on 24/8/2016
- Mohammad Al Saraheen, from Beit Oula in Hebron, killed by Israeli forces on 15/9/2016
- Mohammad Thalji Al Rajabi, from Hebron, killed by Israeli forces on 16/9/2016
- Hatem Al Shaloudi, from Hebron, killed by Israeli forces on 17/9/2016
According to a statement issued by the Israeli prosecution, the time and place to release the bodies will be confirmed by the Israeli occupation forces. It also stated that another session will set to consider the release of three bodies of the following Palestinians:
- Mohammad Tarayra, from Bani N’eem in Hebron, killed by Israeli forces on 30/6/2016
- Mohammad Faqih, from Sourif in Hebron, killed by Israeli forces on 28/7/2016
- Abdelhamid Abu Srour, from Ayda Camp in Bethlehem, killed by Israeli forces on 20/4/2016
It is worth mentioning that Israel has been detaining 26 bodies of Palestinian victims since the beginning of 2016; four of whom are women in addition to a child. Israeli authorities have been refusing to release the bodies based on flimsy pretext.
In light of the inhuman and humiliating policy of “body detention” practiced by Israeli authorities, “The National Campaign for the Retrieval of Palestinian and Arab War Victims’ Remains and the Disclosure of the Fate of Those Missing” and “Jerusalem Legal Aid and Human Rights Center (JLAC)” demand the following:
1. Release of all the bodies to their families without any condition so that families could bury them in dignity.
2. The Israeli occupation forces must stop manipulating and confusing the families of detained victims in regards with continuous change of the release date.
3. The International Red Cross must ensure that families obtain the results of investigation and autopsy.
4. All those Israeli soldiers or private security companies’ personnel involved in committing or participating in or making orders for illegal execution of Palestinians must be held accountable and prosecuted.
5. The Israeli authorities must not consider the bodies of victims a subject for negotiations since detention itself is illegal. Release of bodies should be unconditioned.
6. We call on the public to support the families of detained victims to retrieve the bodies and to create public pressure on the Israeli authorities.
7. We call on local media to envisage maximum accuracy when publishing news, to pay sincere consideration to the feelings of families of detained victims and to source information directly from them.